Sweet Dreams and Sleep Hacks: How to Get a Better Night’s Sleep
Sleep. It seems like that word can either make you feel warm and fuzzy, visions of sugar plums dancing in your head, or it can give you mild anxiety if you’re one of millions who struggle to obtain quality rest. For those who need a little help, think of bedtime as a ritual to look forward to and enjoy. Be mindful in your intention to rest without putting any pressure on yourself. Then, follow these sleep hacks which are designed to help you feel cozy and relaxed, so your mind and body can drift easily into blissful slumber.
- Make your bed every morning. How can you look forward to bedtime if you are presented with a rumpled, crumpled mess? Even if you are a believer in airing out those sheets, you can neatly fold them back, arrange your cozy pillows and throws, and make it a beautiful sanctuary. Your bed should be an oasis at the end of the day.
- Create a soothing bedtime routine. Whether it’s taking a bath, having a cup of herbal tea, or reading a book (no electronic devices!), creating a ritual will signal your brain and body that it is time to wind down, relax, and catch some Z’s. Pro tip: try to go to bed at the same time every night.
- Lavender linen spray. Lavender is well-known as a soothing scent. A light spritz on your pillowcase can promote feelings of relaxation and calmness.
- Guided meditation. If you’re struggling to get quality sleep, it is likely you have never tried meditation. A guided sleep meditation, easily found for free on YouTube or Spotify, can lull you in to a deep, restful slumber.
- Invest in your bed. If your mattress is aging, of poor quality, or not supporting your spine properly, your quality of sleep is likely suffering. You spend one-third of your lifetime sleeping, and you deserve to make it the best it can be. Our Eternal Mattress is designed to relieve pressure points, evenly support your body, and provide airflow. With our 90-day sleep trial, you have nothing to lose—only sleep!